Why Choose Us
We are passionate about what we do and it shows. We feel privileged to be able to show our visitors the wonderful sights and wildlife in our local waters. We are so committed to you and your enjoyment on our excursion that we offer a guarantee.
The ocean is full of unexpected encounters—and that is what motivates us everyday. The thrill of finding the unexpected is what makes us want to go looking on every trip. If we could guarantee that a whale or dolphin would be in the same spot every time, every day, these trips would lose their appeal for all of us. We will try our hardest to find whales and dolphins for you on every trip we make, but if we happen to fall short on our goal of finding either, we will provide the guests of that trip with a voucher for a free ride to be used on a later cruise.
Here are the top reasons you should travel with us:
- Family Owned – Local San Diego family-owned and operated all year.
- Mission Bay in San Diego is the ideal location to embark on a nature excursion. Our proximity to many different geographical elements offshore and our distance from the dock to the ocean is very close.
- Five Star Service: San Diego’s premier whale watching experience.
- We will give you a resident’s insight with tips and stories that you will only get from an experienced local guide. Our crew is experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate.
- Dedication to safety standards and maintenance
- Our naturalists are committed to staying current on the latest research and information
- All ages are welcome
- Commitment to education and conservation
Read our reviews on Trip Advisor and Google Reviews – these are real testimonies from real guests that have already toured with us.
We have an office staff that is ready to answer the phone and answer questions starting at 5 am PST 364 days of the year. We are happy to assist you in planning your holiday, vacation, or special occasion over email or phone and no question is too small.
We are customer service-oriented in our approach and we cherish the fact that you’ve chosen to make an excursion with us.
Safety is our number one priority out at sea. We are inspected annually by the U.S. Coast Guard and the vessel goes through regular maintenance.
What scientists know about marine mammals is constantly changing and evolving. Not only does our crew of naturalists participate in research while on our vessels, but they are also dedicated to staying current on the latest publications about our local wildlife. They are committed to communicating the most current information to all our guests in a way that is accessible to everyone.
Our Crew – Our captains are USCG (United States Coast Guard)-certified and have a wealth of knowledge about the local waters. Our captains and naturalists are extensively trained in whale watching conduct and follow the local, state, and federal laws.
Our Boat – The Legacy is the most comfortable whale watching boat available in San Diego; a classic motor yacht, the Legacy has comfortable heated indoor lounge-style seating, three restrooms, a snack bar, and large windows for viewing. The Legacy offers two large decks with comfortable seating on two levels, along with outdoor speakers for hearing information from our naturalists and for music during the trip.